Join us for our Two Year Anniversary Celebration on Friday, January 31st, 6 to 9pm at the Waverly Artists Group Studio & Gallery, Cary, NC!
As always, it will be a fun evening of lively music, refreshments, wine, conversation, and beautiful art!
Two years ago, 15 local artists had a vision of creating a space to serve the community through beauty. At the same time, Waverly Place Shopping Center in Cary was being renovated with a similar goal — to create a beautiful place for people to gather and enjoy. The two visions came together and, in January of 2012, Waverly Artists Group (WAG) opened the doors to their new Studio & Gallery.
Since that time, the number of artists has grown to 19 and the number of ways the gallery has served the community has also grown. The artists, who often describe themselves as “family”, have not only encouraged and supported one another in work and in life, they have sought ways to encourage and support their patrons, other artists, local businesses, and non-profit groups.
Waverly Artists Group has used the beauty of art to reach out to the community by:
Supporting local non-profits through fund-raising events such as:
– Music Maker Relief Foundation (dedicated to preserving the musical traditions of the South by supporting some of the aging legends who gave us that music)
– CORRAL (dedicated to bettering the lives of at-risk girls and rescued horses by offering riding lessons, mentoring, and tutoring)
Supporting local artists through services such as:
– Providing exhibition space for an artist who has pancreatic cancer and recently moved here to live his remaining time with his daughter
– Providing a venue for local musicians to perform during monthly Final Friday Open House events
– Hosting monthly art critique groups, open to all levels of artists
– Hosting art workshops taught by nationally and internationally acclaimed artists
Supporting patrons and local businesses:
– The gallery was formed with the belief that it is better to serve than to be served and that making a difference in the community begins with serving our neighbors. With that in mind, Waverly Artists Group has sought to be a friendly, welcoming place for all who enter and to form true friendships with the other tenants in Waverly Place.